I need gadgets..

All changed. I need to get new travelling gadgets.
  • Proper suitcase. Have one small hard plastic that is fine for a week - but don't really allow much shopping. Need a larger one that can be used for several weeks plus store all shopping.
  • Photo vault. Don't trust just keeping all photos done on a SD card. Fast, large cards are expensive. And I cannot rely on finding a laptop/computer everywhere I go that is connected to Internet for cloud storage.
  • Hiking shoes. Something I can really walk in. Shoes that are ok for good and bad weather, not too heavy and has good grip on wet stones as well as on a beach road.
  • Backpack. One good, proper that I can use. Should handle camera gear on day tours but also be a carry-on pack for bringing onto planes.
To solve the "Photo Vault" I got a cheap laptop. 11.6 inch touchscreen with 320 GB. Lower cost then a tablet that I have found is only decent for the combination of "wifi" + "read news online" and not much else.

Need to check what I do need for Japan. I don't think my trusty army bag I use to carry when going to Thailand is very good. Good enough for the limited need of stuff you need for 2 weeks on the beach but I don't trust it for 2 weeks in a civilized country travelling around. But I don't want to drag a huge suitcase along every day. Need to investigate more. 

Comments